Protect Yourself in an Eviction

Massachusetts Legal Aid has compiled 15 booklets to help MA residents facing foreclosure or eviction. The booklets have practical information about the steps one must take to protect your rights.

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. If you cannot get a lawyer from your local legal aid program, call your local bar association and ask for their lawyer referral program.

Eviction Notice

A lawyer can: 

A. Give you advice that fits your situation. 

B. Fill out and file court papers for you. 

C. Represent you and go to court with you. 

D. Speak with the judge and your landlord or your landlord’s lawyer. 

Some Housing Courts have Lawyer for the Day Programs. 

Protect yourself!

Read the booklet “Protecting Yourself in an Eviction” and follow the steps outlined within. And, remember, Construct is here to help you with any questions.

← All Articles